North Carolina Charter Educational Foundation
The North Carolina Charter Educational Foundation (NCCEF) is a North Carolina not-for-profit entity organized exclusively for educational purposes and is comprised of respected leaders in the state of North Carolina that are committed to providing high quality educational options for the citizens of this State. NCCEF is the Founding Board for Cabarrus Charter Academy.
For more information, or if you have any questions, please click here.
The Board of Directors is responsible for developing and outlining the mission, vision, and values of the school and developing the appropriate policies to ensure those fundamentals are maintained. The North Carolina Charter Educational Foundation Board of Directors has contracted with a professional education management organization, Charter Schools USA, to provide all necessary management and professional expertise. Charter Schools USA assists in developing, planning, and marketing the School, as well as finance, human resources, curricula and school operations. Charter Schools USA is responsible for developing and implementing the ongoing operational procedures in accordance with the mission, vision, and values outlined by the Governing Board.
The Governing Board is responsible for the legal and financial obligations of each school. The Governing Board establishes policy consistent with the school’s mission and ensures the school’s programs and operations are faithful to the terms of the Charter including compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements. The Governing Board will continue to uphold the mission and vision of the school through visible leadership and stewardship of the school, including the following:
- Communicating the mission and vision of the school to the community
- Recruiting and mentoring Governing Council members to ensure they have shared values
- Holding Charter Schools USA accountable to achieving the mission and vision of the school
- Participating in fund raising and other community events on behalf of the school
- Leading by example in their personal and professional endeavors
The North Carolina Charter Educational Foundation Governing Board
- Barbra Bryan, President
- Talitha McGuinness, Vice President
- Beth Allen, Treasurer
- Beth Compton, Secretary
- Wayne Turner, Director
- Ivonne Reed, Director
- Jessica Rainstein, Director
Parent Grievance Procedure
If a parent has a grievance or complaint, please follow the process below:
- Seek to resolve the problem with the teacher, if applicable.
- If problem is not resolved, meet with school administration via an appointment.
- If still unresolved, please contact School Support, CSUSA at 954-202-3500.